This free Spanish workbook has exercises for children learning to read. It can be a useful supplement for early readers. It can also be used by older Spanish learners for vocabulary and reading practice.
This workbooks is written by Manfran Pacheco of Chetumal, Mexico. Earlier it was available to download and print free on Issuu. Since I wrote the post, they have removed that option, but an earlier edition of the Spanish workbook is available online in a PDF. Click on the text Opción A – Opción B.
This Spanish workbook has typical lectoescritura activities, meaning exercises for learning to read and write. These activities also teach vocabulary to Spanish language learners because they are supported by pictures and there is considerable repetition.
Some of the exercises in the Spanish workbook include:
- Associating vocabulary with pictures by drawing a line, completing a word, or labeling a picture.
- Matching sentences to pictures.
- Ordering syllables.
- Writing the missing syllable.
- Poems and songs with the focus vocabulary.
- Simple puzzles such as crosswords and word searches.
- Writing a sentence describing what is happening in a picture
- Writing a story based on a series of 4 pictures