Stick figures can be used for lots of Spanish vocabulary activities and games. For example, in the printable I have included, kids read a short description and then add the details to the drawing. It is a simple, quick way to review vocabulary, and it is fun to compare drawings. You can download the printable using the link below.
Of course, you don’t need a printable do Spanish vocabulary activities with stick figures. There are many variations you can do drawing as you go, on cards, or on a white board. The trick is to limit the details to things that are easy to draw to keep the activity moving along.
For similar activities, try these Easy Spanish Reading Draw-the-Details Snowman and this Spanish Vocabulary Practice Draw-the-Details Houses.
Check out our Spanish reading for kids resource page for more printable reading activities, activities for favorite picture books and online stories.
More Spanish Stick Figures Activities
- If you have a group, you can do Spanish vocabulary games in teams, like a relay race where teams add details to a stick figure drawing on the board.
- Make a list of characteristics and a list of objects and let kids choose one item from each list to draw or have a friend draw.
- Do Spanish vocabulary activities that introduce an element of chance. Put the characteristics and items into two piles and draw one of each, or make a double spinner and draw the different combinations of details.
- Put the descriptions on index cards and make the same number of stick figure cards. Take a card, read the description, and then add the details to a stick figure card. Once you have added the details, you can do these Spanish vocabulary activities in reverse, matching the drawings to the correct descriptions.
- Use the cards with the stick figures and the descriptions to play memory.
- Stick figure drawing makes a great listening activity and a fun pair activity. I have also used the drawings as writing prompts. You can adapt these Spanish vocabulary games with stick figures to any skill and level.
Spanish Vocabulary Activities: Printable Stick Figures
Complete the Stick Figure Printable
These are a few of the items and characteristics you can add to a stick figure. You will think of many more!
camiseta con rayas
pelo largo, pelo corto, pelo rizado
ojos grandes, ojos cerrados
taza de cafe
cuerda de saltar
escalera de mano
raqueta de tenis
vaso de agua
botella de agua
cepillo de dientes
You may also be interested in this post: Printable Spanish Graphic Organizers
Sep 17, 2014
Adorable! Printing to take with us tonight as we are eating out. Perfect activity for waiting for our food to arrive!
Nov 12, 2014
Another option is to make this a speaking activity. You make enough for half of the class, and then make 2 copies. Each person in class will then have a partner.
The students then have to find their partner by asking questions. ¿Tienes una bufanda? and so on. Then, once they find their partner, they have to draw the description on their card.
Oct 11, 2015
I love your resources!
Jan 10, 2016
So simple and yet very creative!