This Spanish snowman activity is a fun way to practice body parts, clothes and winter vocabulary. The printable pages have 12 picture cards of snowmen and a short description card for each picture. Download the free activity at the end of the post.
There are many ways to use the pictures and descriptions in this Spanish snowman activity. You can also adapt the ideas below to other pictures and write your own descriptions. For example, this elementary Spanish reading practice has pictures and descriptions of children and uses lots of everyday vocabulary. For higher-level students, use more complicated pictures and text.
In addition, you can find many elementary Spanish reading ideas and printable materials on our reading resources page and on our Summer Spanish Read and Play Program Pinterest board.
Spanish Snowman Activity Suggestions
Try these ideas for using the Spanish snowman activity with kids:
- Do the activity following the instructions. First, students cut out the cards and descriptions. Then, they read and match each description to the picture. This is a good activity for fast finishers or for reading centers.
- Remove one or two key words from the description. Have students complete the sentence based on the picture.
- Give students a set of pictures cards. Read the descriptions aloud and have students identify the pictures. Then, read several descriptions and have students place the cards in order.
- Give students several description cards from the Spanish snowman activity. Read a description aloud and have students read to identify which description they heard. Then, match the description to the picture.
- Have students glue the pictures from the Spanish snowman activity onto a larger sheet of paper with the descriptions below. Have them label the pictures with key words in the text. This is a good activity for interactive notebooks.
- Print the Spanish snowman activity and cut apart the picture cards and descriptions. Place them all face down and play Memory to find matching pairs.
- Give students a description from the Spanish snowman activity and have them draw a picture based on the text. Then, match their pictures to the picture cards.
- Give students a picture and the matching text from the Spanish snowman activity. Describe the picture aloud using slightly different and additional language, but including two or three key words from the description. Have students underline words in the text that they hear in the oral description.
Spanish Snowman Activity for Speaking Practice
- Give either a picture card or a description card to each student. Students look at the picture or read the description but do not show it to anyone else. They talk to their classmates to match the descriptions to the pictures. Students with pictures describe the picture in their own words, and students with descriptions ask questions based on the text.
- Have students create a short description of several pictures, either from the Spanish snowman activity or similar ones. Depending on their level, they can do this before or after having done other activities with the cards. Then, students present their descriptions orally. Their classmates identify the pictures.
Download the Spanish Snowman Activity
These are just a few of the ways you can use pictures and written descriptions. Please share your ideas for using this Spanish snowman activity.