At Spanish Playground, we are big fans of Rockalingua. We are happy that their great songs are now available on a new DVD of Spanish music videos. This DVD has 13 excellent music videos with songs that kids will love. You can learn more about the music videos and other Spanish learning materials on the Rockalingua website.
Enter below to win this great DVD! The giveaway will run through Sept. 9th.
Features of Rockalingua Spanish Music Videos
- The images correspond to the lyrics to create comprehensible input.
- A contemporary sound appeals to kids.
- The songs teach vocabulary and structures commonly included in elementary curricula. These Spanish music videos a perfect supplement to any program. For example, there are songs that teach numbers, letters, days of the week, seasons, parts of the body, common first person verbs, adjectives, feelings, means of transportation, clothes, places, professions, and more.
- On-screen lyrics make it easy for kids to sing along.
- The videos are entertaining. These Spanish music videos are not the same, but they are all high-interest. They are funny (Mi amigo Bob) or cool (ABC song) or cute (Colorín Colorado).
- An up-beat tempo makes the songs fun to sing.
- Printable sing-along lyric sheets with drawings are available on the website.
- Worksheets with the vocabulary and images from the Spanish music videos are available on the website.
- The materials require no preparation on a teacher’s part, yet provide an effective, fun learning experience. I can walk into class with these Spanish music videos and lyrics sheets and teach a lesson.
One of the things I love best about these music videos is that they are a fabulous way to spiral material. All of us work hard to re-enter what we teach, but as kids acquire more language, it gets harder and harder to do. Singing is an effective, quick review of vocabulary and structures. When it is coupled with video, kids get a tremendous amount of language in a few minutes. With a whole class actively involved singing, this is a very efficient use of class time!
Enter the giveaway below to win a copy of this great DVD!
Disclosure: The company sent me a copy of this product to be able to write the article. I may have been compensated for my time. All of the ideas and opinions are my own.