Mundo de Pepita makes great printables for teaching Spanish to children! I recently discovered their work and they agreed to let me share it on Spanish Playground. They have also generously provided a free printable mini book for my readers.
Download the free mini book Buenos días using the link at the end of this post.
Mundo de Pepita creates mini books and activities that use high-frequency vocabulary and basic grammar structures. I love the artwork and the simple storylines. Visit the Mundo de Pepita blog to learn all about their work and get great teaching ideas. Visit the Mundo de Pepita TPT store or Etsy store to purchase printable Spanish mini books and more.
Great Features of Mundo de Pepita Spanish Mini Books
- Kids learn language in the context of a story. The narrative helps them understand new words, uses the words naturally in complete sentences and holds their interest. In addition, the same characters are used throughout the Spanish mini books, building a larger context for children to draw on.
- The stories are built on patterns. This repetition of vocabulary and key structures helps children predict and then produce new language.
- The focused drawings support the text on the page, so children understand new language based on the pictures.
- Coloring the illustrations enhances learning. Kids spend more time and focus more completely on pictures and the story when they color them. It provides time to process the language at a deeper level and associate it with the drawing. Coloring also lets kids contribute to the story, and make it their own. Of course, black and white drawings make the Spanish mini books less expensive to print and copy!
- Mundo de Pepita creates activities to reinforce and expand on the Spanish in the stories. Whether they are stick puppets, word search puzzles (based on pictures – no translation), counting activities or story cards, these activities provide more opportunity for kids to see, hear and use the language in context.
- Mundo de Pepita includes of a host of teaching ideas. For the mini books, you can find the teaching ideas on their blog. For other products, the ideas are part of the download and might include how-to-use suggestions, game instructions, and/or extension activities.
- Kids can have their own books. Children will love building a library of Spanish mini books. It also means the stories are accessible to re-read and provide the essential repetition that kids need.
- These books are an excellent value. The Mundo de Pepita Spanish mini books and other printables provide the opportunity for lots of learning at a very reasonable price.
Spanish Mini Books – Free Download
You can follow Mundo de Pepita on Facebook, too!
Disclosure: The company sent me products to be able to write the article. I may have been compensated for my time. All of the ideas and opinions are my own.