Los pollitos is a printable story and coloring book of a traditional Spanish children’s song. In addition to the story-coloring pages, it has figures for stick puppets, picture cards for games and a teacher and parent guide with ideas for using the material and additional activities.
The song is available to download from Music with Sara, and there is a YouTube video of the song with the illustrations.
I had a wonderful time collaborating with illustrator Patrick Hitesman on Los pollitos, and I am so happy with the way it turned out. I just finished teaching a unit with the materials and my students were enchanted!
In my class, the story book and activities created a rich language-learning experience as children
· listened to the story using the illustrations to understand and learn new words
· listened to the song as we turned the pages
· sang the song as we read the story
· colored the pictures
· acted out the story with the puppets
· played games with the picture cards and story pages
· continued to hear and use the language as we did related activities
I teach the song Los pollitos by Music with Sara. Sara has created a YouTube video of her song with the illustrations – another excellent way to reinforce the language with children and a perfect at-home activity if you are using Los pollitos in class.
Check out our favorite Spanish songs for kids organized by theme.
Go to this page, Los Pollitos Story and Coloring Book, to purchase and download the story-coloring book.
You will also find
· the YouTube video
· the link to Music with Sara where you can listen to and purchase the song
· links to additional resources mentioned in the teacher-parent guide