Veo, veo is I spy in Spanish. This online game is for designed to teach native Spanish speakers the letter sounds and is modeled on Veo, veo, a game that almost all Spanish-speaking children learn to play when they are small. For Spanish language learners, learning the letter sounds in Spanish is essential to good pronunciation and is also the first step in learning to read. In this game, you choose the word that has a specific letter sound.
You can read more about how to play Veo, Veo (I spy) in this post. To play this online version with your child, follow these simple steps.
Click here to play the game with Spanish letter sounds.
1. Click on the link and you will see the words MAYÚSCULAS (upper case letters) and minúsculas (lower case letters). Click on the one you want to use in the game.
2. You will hear: Señála la letra con la que quieres jugar (Choose the letter you want to play with.). Click on the letter you want. It is important for children to practice the Spanish vowel sounds (a, e, i, o, u) and the silent h, so be sure to include those letters when you play.
3. You will hear: Muy bien. Has elegido la letra __. Juguemos a Veo,Veo. (Okay. You chose the letter __. Let’s play I Spy.).
Veo, veo una cosita que en su nombre tiene la letrita __. ¿Tú también la ves? Señálala. (I spy something has the letter __ in its name. Do you see it too?). You can here this again by clicking on the question mark in the upper right hand corner.
4. Move you mouse over all four words to hear them pronounced in Spanish. Say each word with your child after you hear it. This is an important step for practicing Spanish pronunciation and learning vocabulary.
5. Click on the object that has the letter you are looking for in its name. If you click on the wrong object you will hear Inténtalo de nuevo (Try again.).
¡Diviértanse con los sonidos del español! Have fun with the sounds of Spanish!
You may also be interested in this post: Teach kids Spanish with I Spy card games