Adelante is the new CD by Grammy-award winning Lucky Diaz and The Family Jam Band. If you’re familiar with Lucky Diaz and their music, it will come as no surprise that the band has been nominated for a Latin Grammy again this year! These energy-packed songs wrap kids in Spanish and culture, creating an excellent musical and language experience.
Today’s language learners have sophisticated musical taste. Their wide exposure to different types of music makes it challenging to find Spanish songs they like at an appropriate level. They may be learning opposites or animals in Spanish, but that doesn’t mean they want to listen to music for preschoolers. That is one of the reasons I’m so excited about Adelante. Listeners of all ages will love the contemporary sound of Lucky Diaz and The Family Jam Band.
Lucky Diaz and the Family Jam Band has been described by the New York Times as “indie pop-rock for families.” They make great music, first and foremost. True to Lucky Diaz’ life experience, Spanish is essential to these songs. He was born in San Antonio, grew up in Miami and California and built his musical career from Los Angeles. The songs on Adelante have a strong base in his Chicano heritage and the rich Latino culture of his daily life.
Adelante by Lucky Diaz and the Family Jazz Band
- Bright, rich sound pleases kids, parents and teachers
- Songs like Sol, Solecito and Piñata Attack incorporate cultural traditions into contemporary songs
- Songs such as ABC Adelante and Aquel Caracol communicate valuable positive messages with upbeat rhythms
- Fun rhyme strengthens an awareness of the sounds of Spanish.
- Excellent food songs! If your kids love tacos and guacamole, or if you teach a food unit, you won’t want to miss this CD.
- This is music bailable; everyone will want to get up and move!
- Amazing musicians make kids and adults want to listen to Adelante again and again
Follow Lucky Diaz on Twitter .
Disclosure: The company sent me a copy of this product to be able to write the article. I may have been compensated for my time. All of the ideas and opinions are my own.