It’s never too early to start a second language. That is one of the many reasons the bilingual board books from Lil’ Libros are going to be a huge hit. There is a lot to love in these little books!
We all know early exposure to language is important. We also know that reading to children from birth enhances language development. Even so, it is next to impossible to find quality bilingual board books. If you are looking for relevant cultural content too, that search gets even harder. Until now, that is. Now you can turn to Lil’ Libros to find wonderful bilingual board books.
Be sure to visit our Spanish Books for Kids Resource Page for more reviews and activities.
The titles from Lil’ Libros include Lotería: First Words/Primeras Palabras, Contando con Frida, Zapata: Colors/Colores and Guadalupe: First Words/Primeras Palabras. You can purchase the books on the Lil’ Libros website.
Why You Will Love Lil’ Libros
- These bilingual books teach first concepts in Spanish and English. Kids learn colors, numbers and first words.
- The books are beautiful! The illustrations have bold colors, strong contrast and lines that hold the attention of little ones.
- These books introduce children to iconic figures of Latino culture. Kids will not remember a time when they didn’t know who Frida Kahlo and Emiliano Zapata were. Lotería will be as much a part of their awareness as Bingo.
- The illustrations specifically support the language, making the meaning clear so children learn.
- The books are perfectly sized for little hands.
- Lil’ Libros are child-sized, but extremely sturdy!
- The books make perfect gifts. Do you know someone who is expecting? Lil’ Libros are my new go-to baby gift. Looking for an original Father’s Day gift? Dad will love these! Do you have a Spanish teacher you appreciate? One of these books is a wonderful way to say thank you.
The number of Spanish and bilingual books for children being published in the U.S. continues to grow. Now, Lil’ Libros has added titles for our littlest learners. I love it! Being a bilingual baby just keeps getting better.
Disclosure: The company sent me a copy of this product to be able to write the article. I may have been compensated for my time. All of the ideas and opinions are my own.