1. Incorporate words and simple phrases into your daily routine. Children understand, and learn, language in context. You will find suggestions for using specific vocabulary in the posts in the vocabulary category.
2. Keep a list of these words and phrases where you will see them and remember to use them.
3. Read simple picture books to your child. Choose books where the illustrations support the vocabulary. In my family, we always read one or two books in Spanish before reading together in English.
4. Ask a Spanish speaker to record books, or buy books with CDs, if you are not confident of your pronunciation.
5. Read the same books over and over. Use the same words and expressions over and over. Repetition is essential.
Most important, have fun!