Starting next month…
– A wonderful opportunity to read books related to multicultural topics and discuss them with Multicultural Kid Bloggers, their readers, and the authors themselves
– Weekly posts with reflections on the chapter of the week, and thought-provoking questions
– Read along and join the conversation as we talk about topics shaping the future of our families and our world
October – November: Bilingual Is Better
Our first book is Bilingual is Better by Ana Flores and Roxana Soto.
– This parenting memoir includes practical tips and resources to help parents from all backgrounds give their children the benefits of bilingualism. Bilingual Is Better also addresses topics such as bilingual education and cultural heritage.
– Authors Roxana A. Soto and Ana L. Flores co-founded the popular parenting blog SpanglishBaby. Both are award-winning bilingual journalists.
– Starting Oct. 3, we will be posting once a week on a new chapter of the book.
– Join in the discussion by following the participating blogs and leaving comments with your thoughts and questions.
– Share your ideas in the Multicultural Kid Blogs Google + Community.
– Bloggers, link your posts to the linky on the Multicultural Kid Blogs website.
These bloggers will be hosting the chapter discussions:
Chapter 1: Spanish Playground – Oct. 3
Chapter 2: Family on the Loose – Oct. 7
Chapter 3: Spanglish House – Oct. 17
Chapter 4: For the Love of Spanish – Oct. 24
Chapter 5: Be Bilingual – Oct. 31
Chapter 6: Laugh and Learn – Nov. 7
Q & A with Ana Flores: Dads the Way I Like It – Nov. 14
Where to get the book
Bilingual is Better is available from several popular booksellers.
Multicultural Kid Blogs are dedicated to raising world citizens, through arts, activities, crafts, food, language, and love. You can follow Multicultural Kid Blogs on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, and Google+. You can also subscribe to a feed of all of posts from the Facebook pages of all member blogs.