It’s time for the Friday Five! These five activities are easy to do with kids learning Spanish and take little or no preparation. Activity #2 is an online game for children with more Spanish. It uses common vocabulary, but does not include pictures, so it is the most challenging of the activities. The other activities can be done with beginners or at any level as a review.
- Listen to and sing this version of Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star in Spanish. It is nice and slow for beginner learners. The lyrics are in “show more” under the video.
- Watch this fun Kids Learn Spanish | Spanish Body Parts video where Jorge describes his dog.
- Use this really photo with text and talk about the picture of the dragon. Then answer the questions under the photo with your child.
- Print this calendar journal page to talk about the day, month, colors and weather. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the link that says Spanish Calendar Journal Page.
- Listen to and watch this online version of ¿A qué sabe la luna? Many kids know the English A Taste of the Moon. It is a good way to hear and review animal vocabulary, even if they don’t understand every word of the story.