This fall Spanish for You! released a new themed content package called Mi Vida. If you are looking for a program for elementary or middle school classes, you will want to consider this curriculum.
You can find lots of specific information on the Spanish for You! website. These are a few of the features that make Spanish for You and the Mi Vida package work in the classroom:
- The new Mi vida package gives kids vocabulary to talk about their house, room, family and friends, activities and classes. It is a great place to start learning Spanish!
- Like the other Spanish for You! books, the Mi Vida package has content for an entire school year. The books can be used in any order.
- Spanish for You teaches key structures as it presents vocabulary. These structures can be combined in different ways, so children can communicate in Spanish even as beginners.
- The detailed lesson plans for one-hour classes can easily be divided for shorter classes.
- Students new to the Spanish for You! curriculum can jump right in with their grade level. The curriculum teaches useable language components, so new students can participate and learn while experienced students continue to progress.
- Each book has lesson guides, worksheets and native speaker audio for different levels. This curriculum comes with lots of classroom support. Having worksheets and lesson ideas for different levels gives teachers flexibility and depth, without having to spend hours creating materials.
- There are dozens of games and fun activities in the book and on the website. Many involve actions, manipulatives, and drawing.
- Spanish for You! provides plenty of repetition. We all know that students learn at different paces and in different ways. This curriculum gives students plenty of different activities to get the practice they need.
Choosing a curriculum is an important decision. This straightforward, structured approach to language study may be just what you are looking for.
You may also be interested in this post: Spanish Curriculum for Classroom or Home School – Spanish for You!
Disclosure: The company sent me a copy of this product to be able to write the article. I may have been compensated for my time. All of the ideas and opinions are my own.