Rockalingua has a new CD available to download. This is their second CD, titled ¿Cómo te llamas?. The CD contains 11 fun, catchy songs to teach Spanish to kids. You can listen to samples of the songs on the song section of the site.
To celebrate their new CD, Rockalingua is giving away two copies to two Spanish Playground readers. Enter the giveaway using the Rafflecopter below.
These are the songs on the new Rockalingua CD ¿Cómo te llamas?
1) Buenos días (greetings and daily routines)
2) ¿Cómo te llamas? (basic Spanish questions and answers)
3) Cosas de la escuela (school objects and subjects)
4) Mi casa (rooms of the house)
5) Frutas (fruits)
6) El otoño
7) La primavera
8) Un paso a la derecha (right, left….)
9) A mí me gusta leer (I like / I am)
10) ¿Qué tiemp hace hoy? difficult version (weather song)
11) ¿Qué tiempo hace hoy? easy version (weather song)
Great features of Rockalingua Songs and Videos
– A contemporary sound that appeals to kids.
– Vocabulary and structures commonly included in elementary curricula make the materials a perfect supplement to any program.
– A tempo that makes the songs fun to sing, yet is optimal for clarity and correct pronunciation.
– Printable sing-along lyric sheets with drawings to clarify the lyrics. Kids can color these sheets.
– Music videos with images that correspond to the lyrics create comprehensible input.
– On-screen lyrics on the music videos make it easy for kids to sing along.
– Worksheets with the vocabulary and images from the song provide kids with additional exposure and practice.
– Materials require no preparation on a teacher’s part, yet provide an effective, fun learning experience.
– Songs include common structures that kids need to hear repeatedly to internalize.
– Fun videos reinforce the language in the songs.
– Games provide additional vocabulary practice at different levels of mastery.