Spanish Playground plays a unique role in reaching teachers and parents of Spanish speakers and learners. Spanish language, bilingual and culturally relevant books are essential learning tools for these children. Multicultural Children’s Book Day is an opportunity to discover new titles for your Spanish speakers and learners, in addition to many other multicultural books.
Multicultural Children’s Book Day was created by Mia Wenjen from Pragmatic Mom and Valarie Budayr from Jump Into a Book. Spanish Playground is thrilled to be a co-host for Multicultural Children’s Book Day 2016.
10 Multicultural Children’s Book Day Facts
Multicultural Children’s Book Day
- Jan. 27, 2016 – You will find reviews and activity suggestions of over 300 books in the link-up below.
- Raises awareness of the importance of diversity in children’s literature.
- Puts multicultural books into the hands of kids.
- Is an incredible resource for parents, teachers, caregivers and librarians!
- Publishes reviews of over 300 fabulous multicultural children’s titles.
- Makes all the book reviews available on co-host sites with a link-up. This is an amazing resource all year long!
- Uses #ReadYourWorld on Twitter and other social media
- Offers teachers an easy way to grow their classroom library with a free hardcover book, screened and donated by the Junior Library Guild.
- Is supported by an impressive group of co-hosts:
- Is sponsored by these GREAT publishers of multicultural books.